If you are hunting for a new mattress, then you should consider buying the memory foam type. If you are not familiar with it, then just continue reading because today, we will be listing all the most useful facts about this mattress, including its pros and cons. If you are ready, then let us start!
What is memory foam?
It is a type of mattress that is very popular nowadays. This durable mattress is usually made of polyurethane, which is also used for sofas and acre seats. It is well-liked by consumers because of its high density as well as its great ability to provide support for the one using it. It also helps that it is known for its long lifespan as compared to other mattress types.
What are the different types of memory foam?
There are three types of memory foam namely traditional, open cell and gel-infused. The traditional type is known for being great in following the shape of your body. Its downside though is that it has the tendency to retain body heat. Because of this, there are times that you might wake up feeling hot and uncomfortable.
The next type is the open cell, which is way better than traditional when it comes to transferring heat away from your body, that’s why they are thought of as best mattress. The last one is the gel-infused, which, as the name implies, uses gel to ensure that you will not feel uncomfortable if it becomes hot at nighttime.
Now that we know more about memory foam, it is now time to list its pros and cons.
- One of the reasons why memory foam is popular is because of the comfort that it brings. This type of mattress has the ability to follow the contours of your body. It can even reduce the pressure especially on your spine area. Because of this, it is easier for you to feel well-rested.
- It is has been proven many times that using this is beneficial for those who are experiencing neck and back pains.
- It is also great for those with respiratory problems since it is usually hypoallergenic. You will not have a hard time breathing even while asleep.
- Just like what we have mentioned, it is hypoallergenic. It also does not allow accumulation of dirt and dust mites because of its structure, making it a great choice for those with allergies.
- It is more quiet then the spring type. Because of this, it is preferred by those who are sleeping with a partner. You do not have to worry anymore that you will be disturbing your partner during the middle of the night.
- Little maintenance is needed for this type. You actually do not need to turn the mattress every change of season because it does not have a sagging problem.
- Most companies have good warranty policy. Some even offer up to 25 years for their products.
- Because of its density, memory foam can be quite heavy. Though this is not a huge problem since there is no need to flip it around.
- Just like what we have mentioned earlier, the traditional type can retain heat. The good news is that there are newer types which are open cell and gel-infused to answer this problem.
- Some users have reported a certain type of odor coming from the mattress. This can be solved though by just letting it breathe freely and putting it under the sun.
There you have it! Memory foam is one of the most popular types of mattress today because of the pros we have listed above. Surely, you should look into this if you are planning to buy a new one.